Wednesday, May 12, 2004

The field of dentistry must be populated with masochists. Today, I met a Dental Therapist whose job it was, was to determine the health of my gums. That is a fancy way to say this is an opportunity for someone I have never met in my life to poke me in the gums with every conceivable sharp object in the dentists office. While I had of course finally resigned myself to the fact that I was going to be in pain for the sake of my crumbling tooth, I am now forced to destroy my psychological sanity by focusing on the fact that my tooth will not be dealt with until June the 8th. At which time they will remove the old filling, which is huge and then refill the tooth with new bonded alloy. But, of course, there is a but, after that particular bit of fun, there is a possiblity that the tooth may not make it through that procedure with enough tooth intact to actually hold the filling in place, hence I may require a crown. This of course is not determinable prior to digging out the old filling and replacing it with the new filling. Interesting, oh well, now I have three weeks to think about the sound of the drill, the little pieces of alloy flying about in my mouth while an assistance attempts to such them up with a power suction tube before they slide down my throat and into my stomach, not to mention the long needles used to freeze my mouth and the pain after. hmmmmmm, maybe I will chose this time to visit Bermuda, ha how about that idea hey.

No comments: