Wednesday, September 20, 2006

well, I have now officially been 1800 feet under ground, no that's not a typo, I have had a tour of an underground uranium mine in Saskatchewan. complete with steel toed rubber boots, coveralls, a hard hat with a miners light attached, and a battery pack, and some sort of safety breathing apparatus which I have no idea how it worked. something about follow the yellow?? then I went to tour the mill where they turn the ore into a saleable uranium product worth 50 dollars a pound, there are 1000 pounds in one barrel. too bad it's so hard to carry a 1000 pound barrel of uranium. what a heist that would be. The flights there and back were pleasant much to my surprise as for the most part I don't like the completely illogical concept of flying in something that weights as much as a plane full of 29 people.

No comments: